Script

Only with your donations am I able to continue this blog. Please
consider donating.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Political Prisoners Freed By United Arab Emirates


United Arab Emirates - Five political prisoners in the United Arab Emirates are now free after being arrested for insulting members of the country's leadership, endangering national security, and inciting people to protest. One of the activists is an economics professor and another is a blogger.

The activists were arrested after they signed an online petition calling for political reforms. One of the reforms is free elections for parliament.

Nasser bin Gaith, the economics professor, said “I feel happy because I am back with my family, but I also feel ashamed and have deep sorrow for my country. All I can say is that it's a sad moment for our homeland, a beginning of a police state that has tarnished the image of the UAE forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment