Script

Only with your donations am I able to continue this blog. Please
consider donating.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kim Dotcom Out on Bail; Megaupload Still Offline

Wellington, New Zealand - The founder of the site formerly known as Megaupload, Kim Dotcom, is out on bail after the presiding judge in his case found there was no reason to believe he poses a flight risk.

The judge came to his conclusion based off the fact Dotcom's accounts were frozen.

About the judgment an elated Dotcom said to reporters "I am relieved to go home to see my family, my three little kids, and my pregnant wife and I hope you understand that that is all I want to say right now."

Dotcom's company, the infamous Megaupload, was shut down after United States authorities raided his offices on the claim he's hosting millions of illegal downloads. The arrest happened the same day SOPA was delayed in Congress through actions of both internet activism and big corporations such as Google and Wikipedia. The United States is still seeking to extradite Dotcom and three of his partners for racketeering charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment